Around 2 months ago back in June, Cult Beauty had a deal in which if you spend £110 on their website, you'll get a goody bag worth over £170. Like the good sucker that I am, I immediately bought some of Dr Dennis Gross' products which I've been lemming at for months and months but never bought due to their price just to try and justify to myself the purchase (Hey, it has a goody bag! What a great deal, amirite?!). I swear I look at beauty products the way some people look at their favourite movie stars or entertainers (with emoji heart eyes). Below are the products which were in the goody bag along with my purchase:
Anyway, I thought that I'll try and give you some first impressions of the products that were included in the goody bag and how they fared for me.
1) Yuni Shower Sheet Large Body Wipe – I asked my brother to test out this product and he didn't really like it much. Although it smells really nice and is a nice size for the body, there was a slight residue on the skin after wiping and it feels sticky.
2) Moon Juice Power Dust Sachet – I used this product by mixing it with my coffee. Unfortunately it doesn't dissolve too well and when I drank my coffee, I could still feel some powder residue scratching my throat. It was ok taste-wise. It has a slightly spicy herbal taste that doesn't clash with the taste of my coffee. I couldn't really vouch for its claims to "promoting positivity, reducing inflammation (one of the key causes of ageing), reducing stress levels and balancing hormones" though since I only used it that one time. However I must tell you that I was having flu and a bad cough while I was testing this product and surprisingly my cough got better the next day after I had drank this powder. Was it my cough medicine, was it this powder or was it just a coincidence? I really couldn't tell..
3) Tan-Luxe The Face – Unlike most beauty bloggers in the Western world, I'm not really keen on the tanned look. In Asia, the ideal beauty is one with perfect porcelain skin (think Fan Bing Bing). Therefore I didn't use this.
4) Huda Beauty Farah Lashes – My heart sank a little when I saw these fake lashes. That is because they are way too large and long for my eyes. I have the typical Asian almond shape eyes with not much eyelid space. I tried to just measure it against my eyes to see how it would look like and honestly I look pretty ridiculous. These lashes nearly reached all the way to my eyebrows! Ha!
5) Clear Summer Travel bag – When I saw that this item was included in the goody bag, I wasn't too excited about it. But when I actually received it, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it's of a pretty good quality! I think it would be nice to take it for travelling!
6) Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream – This cream surprised me with its texture. I was expecting it to be a gel sort of texture but it turned out to be much thicker than that. It's definitely more of a gel cream texture but luckily it wasn't sticky once it absorbs. I think that it's relatively hydrating but for its price, there are much better creams out there. Another reason why I didn't take to this cream is that my skin always gets a little heated up whenever I apply this cream, almost like it has some low grade inflammation going on. I wouldn't purchase the full size product mainly due to this issue.
7) January Labs Daily Brightening Tonic – I was excited about this product beacuse it was recommended by Caroline Hirons in her Favourites video. It's a very mild exfoliating toner that I used in the mornings. It brightens slightly without being too harsh on your skin. I also need to inform you that this product smells a little "funky" if you are used to nice smelling products. Personally I don't really mind smelly products as long as it works and it's not too smelly!
8) Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon – This is smooth and the colour is pretty universal. It's a quick fuss free way to play up your eyes.
9) Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask – I tried this mask just once and wasn't too impressed by it. I mean, it smooths and does condition my hair but it's no more moisturising than my normal hair conditioners.
10) Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel – I do not use brow gel so I've passed it on to another person.
11) By TERRY Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder – I used this powder on top of my Thanaka powder as a setting powder of sorts. Although I used quite a lot of it, it wasn't chalky at all and in fact, I noticed that my complexion looked quite fresh and dewy all day. I think that this powder definitely helped my makeup to stay intact for a longer period of time. I might purchase the full size version of this powder.
12) Kai Rose Perfume Oil – Ok, I was pretty skeptical about this perfume to be honest. I'm not really a rose perfume kinda girl and I was worried that it would be some old lady smell. Again I was surprised that it's a beautiful floral feminine scent that's lovely for summer! I love this!
13) UMA Absolute Anti-Ageing Eye Oil – It's moisturising and sinks in pretty fast despite it being an oil. I haven't been using it for long so I couldn't testify for its anti-ageing effects.
14) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel Extra Strength Formula – I love this! Full review coming!
15) Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet – It's a light refreshing gel moisturiser that's a joy to use in this scorching hot weather that we've been having.
16) £15 Cult Beauty Gift Code – Much appreciated! Thank you!
17) TONYMOLY I'm Real Mask Aloe – This is a moisturising sheet mask that feels cool and comfortable to use. The results are not super outstanding but it is quite standard given its price.
18) Lime Crime Matt Velvetines in "Riley" – This matte liquid lipstick does live up to its promise of being smooch-proof and feels comfortable on the lips. However, the shade "Riley" wasn't too flattering on my lips. I felt that the dark brown shade made me look much older and since I have rather thin lips, it sort of emphasized that as well. I have passed this product to my mother and she likes it.
Hope that my short reviews of the products are useful to you! Thank you for reading!